Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Yeah, about this nerve thing.

I was quite excited to start riding my bike (on my trainer indoors at first), and to start walking without the crutches. It was harder than I thought, and my leg had atrophied a lot despite my rehab. The problem was that as soon as I started bending my knee, I started having a searing knee pain that ran down the front of my shin. This pain was a 10 out of 10 and felt like a broken bone. It would happen almost every time I bent my knee, and would last between 5 and 10 seconds. I was devastated. I was barely walking with crutches, my knee was still very swollen, and I had severe pain. I was worse off than before, and wondering what I had done to myself.

I waited a couple of days and it only got worse. I could ride my exercise bike, but as soon as I got off and straightened my knee I had a brief but agonizing pain shoot down my leg. It was so bad that I dreaded bending my knee. I figured out that if I put pressure on the inside on my knee with my hand it didn't happen as bad.
This was bad, and it was the worst pain I had experienced since the first week. I continued to ice, walked with my crutches, and was going to see where this went. I was very concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment