Thursday, January 22, 2009

Setting New Goals

So, after a couple of more weeks the nerve problem was gone for good and I was off and cooking. I was rehabbing 4 days a week, and started seeing exponential improvements. My range of motion was around 120 at week 8, and by week 12 it was only 8 degrees or so less than my good knee (that turned out to be close to what I have a year later). I was training hard on my bike trainer (a road bike hooked up to a wheel in my bedroom) every night for an hour or more. I was getting into great shape and signed up for America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride on June 1, 2008 in Tahoe. It was 3 months out, but it would be a real challenge and my first hard athletic test. From weeks 10 on I started training on my own at my gym. I pretty had direction from Trish at the Stone Clinic and checked in with John at Rocklin PT here and there. Wehn I would have questions, I would email Trish (she would promptly respond!!!). I was pain free, and other than residual swelling, my knee was on the back end of the rehab...I was almost there. No crutches, no brace, and no limp.

No comments:

Post a Comment