Thursday, January 22, 2009

My First Sprint

About 12 weeks into my recovery, my daughter ran out into the street in our normally sleepy neighborhood. Instinct kicked in and I sprinted to grab her. While it felt completely awkward, my knee didn't blow up! I was now doing agressive rehab including steps ups and theraband side stepping. My leg still was "skinny" but it was coming along nicely.

I was riding my road bike 3-4 days a week and doing about 125 miles per week. I was pain free, but I continued to ice down after each workout. My BREG machine has been used a ton, and it was worth every penny.

My knee was not swelling much, and it was hard to tell the difference after 4 months. PT became training, and I was fanatical about it. I don't want to do this surgery again, and I was going to do my damnedest not to. At 5 months my focus was on rehab and riding, and I was only weeks away from my 72 mile ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment