Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Stone Clinic

After researching the heck out of the meniscus transplant, it seemed like a possible solution to my knee problems.  There wasn't much on the surgery on the internet, but I was ready to do something to move forward with recovery.  In November 2007, I made an appointment with Dr. Kevin Stone at the Stone Clinic in San Francisco.  I brought my wife Tina down with me, and we were very impressed with Dr. Stone and his team (literally, you meet just about the entire team during the initial visit).  Dr. Stone gave me an MRI (within his facility), and confirmed my lack of functional meniscus, and a new tear in the small remnant I had.  He fully explained the allograft procedure, we met with the different people on his team to help facilitate the surgery and rehab.  Tina and I went to dinner to talk it over.  It was a short discussion ... Dr. Stone was offering me a second knee if I was willing to rehab it.  I was thrilled to have some hope to return to sports, and a mostly to get rid of that Freaking Knee pain.   I made an appointment for my surgery set about a month later, but the Dr. Stone and his team were going to have to find a properly sized allograft before we could confirm anything.  I was set for December 18, 2007 -- if the tissues could be found.  It was time to get myself ready for the surgery.  I started prehab immediately (with the counsel from Kelly and Trish), and waited for the call that they found a large medial meniscus allograft.  

No comments:

Post a Comment