Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Still Going....

Five years later, and like the Energizer bunny, I'm still going.  I'm training harder, playing harder, and playing more than I have since...maybe ever.  My knee is strong and pain free.  Thanks Dr. Stone and Trish for everything!

I celebrated my 5th Knee Anniversary with my first hat trick in the Silver Division last night!  Best game of the new season, and I was charged up afterwards.  The charge I got out of the game last night was amazing.  I can't imagine hanging them up for good anytime soon.

Rich

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rich. I have had a similar set of circumstances and am considering the surgery. It's not clear yet whether or not I'm an ideal candidate due to arthritis in my knee. I'm only 31 and until recently have enjoyed a really active lifestyle - mostly long distance running and kickboxing, neither of which I can do now. Reading your blog was very inspiring and hopeful. Did you have any arthritis? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sir,
    Glad to hear that you are going strong. I am a 22 yrs old student. My lateral meniscus of left knee is removed 5 months ago during ACL reconstruction surgery due to grade IV tear of posterior horn of it. I am very interested in sports activities and want to live whole life actively. Now I want to know about meniscus transplant. Please tell me the cost of this surgery. This will be very helpful for me.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ashleigh. No arthritis on those surfaces. I hope you find some relief.

    Siddharth, the cost is around $20,000.

    ReplyDelete