Monday, May 9, 2011

Yeah, so that sucks a bit

I was very excited for this past weekend. Golf on Saturday morning, little league in the afternoon, and Sunday with Mother's Day and a late night hockey game. I played great golf Saturday morning (73-one over par), and squatted (like a catcher) reading a number of "big" putts. Later that day, I warmed up my little league players (actually catching). The bummer is my knees didn't like it. Worse, the non-MT knee is giving me a lot of trouble that past 10 days. It's painful when I get up after sitting, and feels really stiff. It occasionally catches, and I wonder if the tear they trimmed last year started again. I was told no more "catcher's squats" for a year after my MT, and I think that really meant forever. I've been working with my son's pitching a lot the past 2 months, and I'm feeling it. I hung up the gear almost 15 years ago for the last time, and I think I need to leave it on the shelf. More limitations...not what I want right now.

On a positive note, I played hockey last night and had great game. We won, I scored twice, and it was just a blast. I iced when I got home (after midnight), and today I'm feeling pretty good. When I played ball I constantly iced my knees and shoulder after practices and games. I feel like icing kept me healthy. As I've gotten older, I've been lazy about icing, and I think it's causing me some pain. So, I'm digging out the ace-wraps again.

I'm feeling a bit down about my non-MT knee right now...not something I want to deal with.

Hope everyone is healing or healed, and out there doing it!

3 comments:

  1. Awe, that sucks. Hang in there man.Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rich,

    I've been reading your blog the past few months, you have a really great attitude to life. I had a meniscus transplant on wednesday and my knee is still very swollen. Would like to get in touch with you about the rehab.

    Paddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have no fear Ed, I'm still turned up to 11! I played a very physical and hard hockey game last night, and I'm feeling pretty good today. I need to get back to my rehab routine and remember to ice em' down after hard workouts.

    Keep going after it.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete