Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A few turns, and a Runner's High


It had been years since I had skied, and with Dr. Stone's okay, I strapped on the boards (actually a nice rented set of shaped skis), and hit the slopes for a few days last year. The new equipment is awesome, and I felt very little pressure on my MT knee. I wear a Breg Fusion knee brace, and it makes a big difference for me. I had so much fun last year, I bought a pass for Squaw Valley in April for the 2010 season. On Sunday, I spent 2/3 of a day on the slopes having a blast. This is the view from way up high at Squaw.

Also, last week I experienced a runner's high on the treadmill. It was a bizarre feeling like I wasn't even running and that I could go forever. It was the first time for me, and it was awesome. I could have gone forever, but I followed my plan and got off at 45 mins. It was a great run. I hope it happens again during my training.

Swimming and biking are going well, but I'm a long way from being ready for the formal training. I'll continue my base building until February.

If I can only stay away from the holiday baskets!!! Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment